Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer keeps restarting..........

• Please log in to reply

emmag

emmag

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I have Laptop that is Windows XP. First it keep restarting it self again and again. I ran anti-virus, spyware etc and it still won't work. I also tried to system restore but when i click the next button nothing happens! The computer will not turn off either it just restarts itself and also it has blacked out the standby mode. The only thing that i can do to turn it off is to pull the plug out. It is not overheating as i have checked this. Please can anyone help!!!

Thanks

Emma

ok have now got it to stop restarting itself but won't let me go into any icons

Edited by emmag, 12 April 2009 - 01:45 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A Windows repair is an option. See the sticky at the top of the thread.
The only problem with an installation that behaves in this fashion is that a repair can screw it up to a point where it'll get stuck in one of many so-called "repair loops" and you can't complete the repair. At that point all you can do is wipe it. On that basis it may be quicker to just simply wipe the machine now.

emmag

emmag

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks am going to take it to the computer shop tomorrow and let them fix it.