Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC won't power on

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go Here and it will tell you how to get to the Help and How To menu inside of Puppy.

Advertisements

boscru6469

boscru6469

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Got it.
Which video is better.

INTEGRATED VIDEO ATI Radeon™ HD3000 Graphics, On Board Graphic Max. Memory Share Up to 512 MB

or her PCI card

ATI Radeon X300SE

* 128MB DDR memory
* PCI-E (Express) interface
* I/O Ports: VGA, Composite, S-Video (S-VHS only - integrated tv encoder)
* TV-Out support

Tigey

Tigey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Apologies for bumping this thread, but I am in an identical situation to the original asker. I have a HP m7000, and it looks like my PTGD1-LA motherboard has packed in after three years. I am resigned to it being a write off (I have actually wanted to upgrade for a while now), but just wanted to ask how best I can check if my Hard Drive (C:Drive) is also affected/lost?

I had backed up most of my important stuff onto an external hard drive, but I would still lose a heck of a lot of important stuff were the C: drive to be lost as well. How can I check to see if the data on it can be transferred off? Or recovered, in a worst case scenario. Thanks, Nick

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Normally I wouldn't reply to a bumping but Tigey you can take out the HD out and slave it to a known main drive in another system. If the drive is recognized and can be accessed then most likely it is working.

If you need further assistance start a new topic and we'll be glad to help further .