Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D-LINK DIR-615 issue with FTP and Webserver

• Please log in to reply

zaff

zaff

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I just replaced my Netgear WGR614 router with a D-LINK DIR-615, and I'm having some problems. Previously I've had my webserver running Apache on port 80 with no problem, and also a FTP at port 21.

With this new router I opened the ports (80 and 21) in the UI, and it seemed to work just fine. However, when I try to access my webserver in the browser from the external ip it takes several minutes to load, and javascripts and such does not even work. If I use the browser and the internal ip, it loads up right away just fine.

The same issue is with my FTP server - you can connect fine, but when you try to download something, the dl speed is below 500 b/s, and it drops until you get disconnected. When I connect with the internal ip, really fast.

So I'm really confused what to try next. The ports are open, you can access it just fine - it just takes forever to load anything. I've tried different ports, but same story. I also have the latest firmware. I don't know if I have missed any settings in the UI, but I really can't think of what. The weird thing is that uTorrent can download stuff in several mb/s with no problem whatsoever.

So if you have any ideas, please help me out. Really frustrating stuff.

Cheers,

Durithor

Advertisements