Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deciding Which Computer I should Purchase

• Please log in to reply

pinktuxdude

pinktuxdude

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello comrades.

I am going to upgrade to a newer computer, and I wanted advice on what I should purchase. I want a laptop, with good multimedia capabilities but also functionality. Here are my desired specs.

1. MUST be a Dell

2. Needs to be a laptop.

3. Has A/V ports, such as one I can connect a printer, and a video projecter to and at least two USB ports.

4. will be able to run Oblivion

5. Is under $1000 (that being regular price, but it will be lower since I plan on buying a refurb anyways.)

6. Has enough space that I can store all my pictures and videos without worry.

If people could kindly give me suggestions, I'd be extremely grateful.

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Take a look at this studio XPS I found on Dell.com

It has a Core 2 Duo (Dual Core) processor running at 2.53Ghz with a front side bus (FBS) of 1066mhz. Has a 500gb hard drive(plenty of storage). 16 inch screen. 512mb 3670 Radeon Video Card that goes well above Oblivions Requirements Around $1000 brand new. I'm unsure of it has the A/V ports or requirements you ask for. I would recommend calling Dell and asking them, or just do more research on your own.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Edit: 4gb of RAM too, plenty for gaming and other normal usage.

Edited by Ferrari, 12 April 2009 - 06:36 PM.