Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newly installation. But Graphics was 4bit lower

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Look at post 27 concerning the Audio driver and USB 2.0 driver
the audio is the multimedia error you were showing in device manager along with the network and video errors

Advertisements

H00k

H00k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Look at post 27 concerning the Audio driver and USB 2.0 driver
the audio is the multimedia error you were showing in device manager along with the network and video errors

yes i got that, but i don't seems to understand what to do..... what should I do? am sorry for stressibg you out....

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Stressing me? Nah I enjoy helping others allot. :)
What I meant was to go back to the link I supplied for the video driver. In that list of drivers you will find the header for Audio Controller. Only one driver there so download that and install it. That should take care of the multimedia error you are having in device manager.
The usb 2.0 driver is one I overlooked originally as that is onboard also. There is only one driver for that also. Again download it and install it. This should update your usb to the newest 2.0 version
Since we found the page with all the onboard drivers for you I want to make sure we get everything for you. My suggestion as before is once we figure out which network driver is right, then put all the correct drivers in a folder together. Burn the folder to a cd and mark it Motherboard Drivers. Then you will have verything incase something happens again.
Also I would bookmark or add that page to your favorites for future reference. I hope this expplains it better for you

H00k

H00k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Stressing me? Nah I enjoy helping others allot. :)
What I meant was to go back to the link I supplied for the video driver. In that list of drivers you will find the header for Audio Controller. Only one driver there so download that and install it. That should take care of the multimedia error you are having in device manager.
The usb 2.0 driver is one I overlooked originally as that is onboard also. There is only one driver for that also. Again download it and install it. This should update your usb to the newest 2.0 version
Since we found the page with all the onboard drivers for you I want to make sure we get everything for you. My suggestion as before is once we figure out which network driver is right, then put all the correct drivers in a folder together. Burn the folder to a cd and mark it Motherboard Drivers. Then you will have verything incase something happens again.
Also I would bookmark or add that page to your favorites for future reference. I hope this expplains it better for you

Alright thanks so much Shaffer, I've installed d Media Controller, But the Ethernet Controller is still showing Error. And it's not connecting to the internet still... Please what do you think it's Wrong with that?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK checking back on post 24 I found the screenshot you took of device manager for us. In it there is already a network adaptor installed and working. Go back to device manager and delete the network controller with the yellow exclamation mark. This should get rid of it now. I believe the problem is you need to setup the network connection wizard at this point. When you installed XP it should have asked you if you wanted to setup the network, if you told it no then that's where the problem is right now. After that is setup then internet should arise from the ash's.

Also did the multimedia controller issue get fixed with the download of the Audio driver?

Edited by rshaffer61, 16 April 2009 - 08:55 PM.

H00k

H00k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
But the Drivers under Network are not compatible with my driver... Am using 3Com XL 10/100. So in dah case which one should i download out of this:

* Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Drivers for Multiple Operating Systems

* Intel Gigabit Network Connection Drivers for Microsoft Windows XP

* Intel PRO/1000 GT Drivers for All Operating Systems

* 3Com 3C90x Fast EtherLink XL/EtherLink XL NIC Drivers

Edited by H00k, 16 April 2009 - 08:50 PM.

H00k

H00k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Obviously still not the right driver. Did you download the other driver under network I suggested?
The only other reason it is not showing up is if the bios setting is disabled.
Let's make sure you have the driver issue first. After we have checked all them we can check the bios.

But the Drivers under Network are not compatible with my driver... Am using 3Com XL 10/100. So in dah case which one should i download out of this:

* Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Drivers for Multiple Operating Systems

* Intel Gigabit Network Connection Drivers for Microsoft Windows XP

* Intel PRO/1000 GT Drivers for All Operating Systems

* 3Com 3C90x Fast EtherLink XL/EtherLink XL NIC Drivers

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Look back at post 35. I edited it with new info.
Your network card is already installed. See info in the post. :)

H00k

H00k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Look back at post 35. I edited it with new info.
Your network card is already installed. See info in the post. :)

Shaffer, I uninstalled the Ethernet Controller, and i disabled it on BIOS... my 3Com is Enable on BIOS. So i restarted my pc, And when it load to window, it come up like New Hardware found.... It's asking me to install d Ethernet Controller again... I got d screenshot, but my USB Pen Drive is not working on d pc at the moment, when ever i insert it, the PC will go blue... Like Debug.... u get me... But i was thinking maybe it's before of the drivers which i store on my pen... SO am gonna remove everything in my pen drive and try again. I will send u a screenshot

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK thank you for letting me know. I am going to get some sleep. Please post results of any drivers you have yet to complete or issues that you still have. I will post back in about 8 hours.

Advertisements

H00k

H00k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

OK thank you for letting me know. I am going to get some sleep. Please post results of any drivers you have yet to complete or issues that you still have. I will post back in about 8 hours.

Shaffer, I couldn't get my USB Pen Drive working in the pc.... So i couldn't send u the screenshot. I will list the problem am having now.

* Ethernet Controller still need update. And requesting to install after I have uninstalled it.

* When ever I insert my USB Pen drive, the pc will go blue. (Bump Memory).

Please Advice.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
A network controller already seems to be installed, but Windows is detecting another Ethernet Controller. It appears you don't need this, and that you should try setting up a network. What is the error code, and can you post the minidump files under C:\Windows\Minidump
Zip up the dump files and attach them to your next reply.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
"I uninstalled the Ethernet Controller"

Which did you uninstall?

"and i disabled it on BIOS".

This is the onboard network?

"my 3Com is Enable on BIOS"

This shouldn't be in bios

Am I reading this correctly? If you disabled onboard and uninstalled the ethernet controller with the yellow exclamation mark then it should not be finding a second controller.
Network wizard should get the internet running as it will help configure the internet to use the network card.

Please include a new screenshot of Device Manager. What I need to see is the items with yellow exclamation marks and I need you to open the Sounds and Audio Devices Entry. Take the screnshot then and attach it to your next reply.

Edited by rshaffer61, 17 April 2009 - 12:58 AM.

H00k

H00k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

"I uninstalled the Ethernet Controller"

Which did you uninstall?

"and i disabled it on BIOS".

This is the onboard network?

"my 3Com is Enable on BIOS"

This shouldn't be in bios

Am I reading this correctly? If you disabled onboard and uninstalled the ethernet controller with the yellow exclamation mark then it should not be finding a second controller.
Network wizard should get the internet running as it will help configure the internet to use the network card.

Please include a new screenshot of Device Manager. What I need to see is the items with yellow exclamation marks and I need you to open the Sounds and Audio Devices Entry. Take the screnshot then and attach it to your next reply.

Shaffer, I got a big problem now. Firsly I check on My Onboard, Ehternet was eth05. So i disabled it, and I uninstalled the Ethernet Controller which show Yellow Exclamation Mark. And i restarted the pc, and when it load to window, it asking me to Installed ethernet again. Secondly, when ever i insert a flash drive in d usb port, it goes blue.... That was all the error i was getting before you go to sleep...... Ok I've tried couple of stuff u asked me to try today.... I tried setting up network wizard but nt seems working.... Whilst i was setting up.... I got and Error: Some of this computer's network hardware is still disconnected. Before you can continue, you must either plug in or otherwise connect all of your hardware, or select " Ignore disconnected network hardware".

So i checked "Ignore disconnected network hardware" and click NEXT and i finish d Network Wizard, and a fly message alert "NEW HARDWARE FOUND". I can't make any screenshot from d pc now bcus my pen drive is not wokring anymore on the pc..... It goes blue when ever i insert Pen drive

H00k

H00k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Here is d Editted Screenshot

Attached Thumbnails

• post_a29286_check_dis_JPG.jpg