Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

snaptics ps/2 port [code 10]

• Please log in to reply

zacgoesrawr

zacgoesrawr

• Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks in advance but my built in mouse to my toshiba wont work even when i update the driver.

Advertisements

SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
wow.. more info please? built in as in the trackpad?

USB mice tend to take a moment before th computer will resognise and allow you to use them. That is because the computer has to decide what kind of device it is and assign an IRQ and install device drivers and all that jazz.. perhaps there wasn't quite enough time for the computer to finish up?

Just an idea..

Try to post more info on your computer.. Model? Build? operating system version? anyhting else that seem relavent.

zacgoesrawr

zacgoesrawr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i have windowsxp on a toshiba satellite a105-s2201 and when i hook up my usb mouse it finds it and says its ready to use but it wont work... and i have the newest drivr for the built-in synapticss touch pad. sometimes it says my logical device wont start either.
please help me i need my comp for work! -zac

SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
have you tried to roll back the synaptic driver? you said you have the latest, perhaps there is a bug in it. using your keyboard open start menu. use arrows keys to scroll to control panel and then to device manager. in device manager you may have to hit tab to be able to scroll through its listings, hit your left right arrow keys to expand/collapse listings and enter to open a listings properties. Find the synaptics listing and open its properties. Use tab key to highlight the tabs at the top of the properties page and scroll tothe driver tab using your arrow keys. there tab down to the rollback driver option.

Let us know if that helps any.

Honestly i dont think there is any correlation between the synaptics touch pad driver and the use of a ps/2 mouse, but i could be wrong.