Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

elite proxy switcher

• Please log in to reply

Gwapo

Gwapo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Elite proxy Switcher.....Hmmm
Hi.

I dont know much about proxies but wanted to try using one.
some one here said to download elite proxy server which i did. I scanned a heap of IPs in it, but most came up dead ( not working ) there was about 3 that were working, and they were level 1 highly annonymous ones.

I selected on of the working ones and double clicked on it to activate it in elite proxy switcher..

once its activated i can no longer searh in google. if i try it just says

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.....

as soon as i disable the proxy it works fine....whats going on ? ? ?

why is this happening....whats the point of using a proxy if you can no longer use the internet . Im confused, what am i doing wrong ? or is the elite proxy switcher programm thats the problem ?

Im using vista by the way.

pls help me solve this.

thanks

Jas

Advertisements

Mobious

Mobious

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I suggest setting the proxy server IP address and port number using Internet Options. If you were able to search using Google something is wrong with Elite Proxy Switcher.

Gwapo

Gwapo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I suggest setting the proxy server IP address and port number using Internet Options. If you were able to search using Google something is wrong with Elite Proxy Switcher.

when i enable a proxy in Elite proxy switcher it automatically changes the details in internet options to the same as what Elite proxy switcher is

Mobious

Mobious

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Given that, have you tried using other proxy servers?

Gwapo

Gwapo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Given that, have you tried using other proxy servers?

You know of any good ones ?