Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PCArmDrv.exe

• Please log in to reply

moonbeamdanser

moonbeamdanser

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, newfie here.

I've been having a terrible time the last few weeks; when I shut down my (Windows XP) machine, I get an error about PCArmDrv.exe. When I next restart my computer, it refuses to recognize any wireless networks, and the only fix to get it to recognize is to reboot my router.

I am tired of rebooting my router. (A linksys 300n for those curious.)

I've done searches online about the .exe file and I've done the things suggested, like uninstalling and reinstalling the driver (lo that was a nightmare as is par for the course, and 2 hours of my life I'll never get back) but it still hasn't fixed the problem.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'd appreciate it. I have no idea why this suddenly started, nor, obviously, how to make it stop. It's worked fine for the last 2 years and I have little desire to reformat my entire machine just for something like this. :)

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo,

My name is Cbarnard I hope I may be of some assistance to you.

Please keep in mind this is not our job and I'm not here 24\7. It can take a little bit of time for me to reply back to you,
if it has been more than 48hrs since a reply, please PM me and I will be with you as soon as possible.

With that said lets take a look and get this problem taken care of.

I've been having a terrible time the last few weeks; when I shut down my (Windows XP) machine, I get an error about PCArmDrv.exe.

What is the error as stated on the screen?

please
  • 1. Click on Start--> Settings --> Control Panel -->System to open the System Control Panel Window.
  • 2. Click on the Hardware tab.
  • 3. Click on the Device Manager button to open the Device Manager
  • 4. Scroll down to network devices do you see any red or yellow question marks or exclamation points?

Let me know what you have and I'll get back to you.

Cbarnard

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hello,

I see that you have not replied to this post. Do you still need assistance?

If the problem has been resolved please post a reply stating this is resolved. If the problem resurfaces again please reference this thread in the new thread you start.

If you continue to need assistance please reply back with requested information asked for previously in my last post.

I like to hear how things are going for the people I'm assisting, please let me know how it is going good or bad!!!

Thank you very much and good luck

Cbarnard

phoebepip

phoebepip

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello C Barnard

I was looking for fixes on the PCArmDrv.exe problem, it would appear that it is linked to our Netgear Router, though this is the first time in 4 years that there has been a problem!!!

I have looked on the Device Manager and there are no questions marks or queries alonside the router device.

Can you help on the next step?

Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to
Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /r Note the space between k and /
Click Enter ...It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f

Note... there are 5 stages...
It may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS
This can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixes the problem