Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

left click on mouse quits working

• Please log in to reply

rec108

rec108

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell Dimension running vista home premium and a microsoft laser 6000 wireless mouse that both are almost 2 years old. They both have worked fine untill just recently. Now upon bootup the left click does not work. The only way I have figured out to make it work is by pressing the
ALT-CONTROL-DELETE buttons, and then closing the page it opens. I have done virus scans and spyware and all updates and a bunch of other stuff trying to figure it out.
Thanks in advance any help i can get on this.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Batteries low?
Being 2 years old it could be just faulty mouse. Can you try a different mousePS2 and see if that works.

rec108

rec108

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried different mouse still same problem. Mouse works fine on different pc.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
hmmm interesting mystery here.
Ok then go to
Start>Control Panel>Mouse
First window is Buttons
Is anything clicked in it?
Mine shows nothing enabled