Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

API- Application Programming Interface

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

atul sunsunwal

atul sunsunwal

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
hello,

I am being given a project to develop APIs for certain hardwares. My first Hardware is a Bar Code reader. The problem is that i do not know much about APIs and its development ( except API's full form and that APIs run silently in background and they form some sort of interface between different softwares/applications.)

i want to know
1. what is the purpose of making APIs?
2. difference between APIs and Drivers.
3. How to make an API

it would be really great if anyone of u can help me in some way.

thanks,

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
atul sunsunwal,

Geekstogo is here to help people for personal and home use. We are not here to replace your teacher. I would recommend getting in contact with your teacher or searching google. If you need help with your homework. May I recommend the search term API in google. You should find enough information to help you with your assignment. This tread is no closed.