Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hard Drive (second) causes computer to run slower

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that may just be a transfer problem then.
ATA-100 drives will slow down when transferring. I will look into it more but i need to get some sleep. I will be back in about 9 hours and see what I can come up with. I think the problem with the information you just provided is the transfer rate as the system seems to work good otherwise.
The option is to upgrade to a faster hd or a newer system
The second option is better for you because you can go to the newer SATA drives which are much faster and cheaper then the IDE drives you have now.
You can buy a nice system for about 300 dollars now with a 250 gig SATA drive and still keep your larger second drive if you would like to use it.

Advertisements

sirmarksalot

sirmarksalot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Alright, thanks for your suggestions and help!