Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video card questions

• Please log in to reply

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
I just purchased a video card so I can play games on my computer but my question is will it really work..........The chipset maker is ATI version RAEDON but I ordered it off of newegg.com and the model/manufacturer is some other company which I dont know the name of but I'm wondering will it work most games I have for the PC need that series but seeing as it says from a different like company will it work the same or no

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please supply make and model of the video card
What games you are going to play

If the card meets the minimum requirements for the games you should be ok. But I will check and make sure with the above information

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
well on these games such as shaun white snowboarding and halo 2 require a ATI radeon or Nvdia Geforce card and I purchased a ATI radeon 4000 series but it says from Gigabyte which is the company I guess retailing it but I'm wondering if it will work

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That should make no difference really. What they are saying is it must have the ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geforce chipset. Your card is that but it's jsut manufactured by Gigbyte. Does the card also meet the memory requirements by the games?
In other words the game should say it need the card to have 256 megs of memory

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I thought that....but I was getting confused.......and the card says Chipset is from ATI so I'm guessing it will work and yea it also meets that requirement it has 265 MB of memory so when it gets here how would I install it........I heard I have to delete all the drivers of the last video cards and how would I get a hold of the drivers for this card

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The drivers for new card should be included with it. As far as drivers for the old, Once you install new card and bootup you will have to install new drivers and that will remove old drivers. If it doesn't we will do it manually

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
alright it arrived and my next post will be with the card installed

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK let us know. I will monitor this topic

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
hey sorry I havent wrote back I have been busy the card is working perfectly Ive tryed games that I could'nt play before it works now though shaun white is laggy but I dont think thats the cards fault its my standard processor but anyways thanks I have had no issues what so ever

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible