Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Setting the time in OE6

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I just noticed that the times shown in the Received column of my OE6 Inbox are way off. If I send myself a message at 9:45 the message is displayed as received at some very different time. The time that appears in the right lower corner of my pc (with W98SE) is correct.

How do i set the time in OE6? Thanks

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
The time should be set aligned with the System. Are the times drastically apart?

Most messages have to go through the mail server postmaster.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I just rechecked.

The time shown on my desktop (lower right corner) was 10:04a
I sent myself a message at 10:04
I received it immediately and the Inbox showed it as 3:07 pm.

??? Might the time somehow be GMT? ???

Thanks for your interest.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Depending on where you are, if the time is 15:07 GMT, then EST should be 11:07, BST is 16:07 and CET is 17:07.
GMT does not alter when the clocks in most areas go forward - most systems show time at 16:07 (GMT+1).
It's entirely possible the servers your email is going through is wrong, enough to screw up the times.
There is no clock setting in Outlook Express but it is possible to screw up the received times if they were screwed up either when or during their being sent through servers.