Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AC Adapter problems

• Please log in to reply

andrewfroboy

andrewfroboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, my Dell Vostro 1500 laptop is about 2 years old and in good condition (or was before this problem). When I plug in my laptop it no longer recognizes the ac adapter. It works perfectly fine off the battery but not with the adapter. When the adapter is plugged in to the computer it begins to cause the light to blink on the adapter and the computer has power and then doesn´t flashing back and forth for a few seconds before 9 times out of 10 landing on not having power. If i disconnect the ac adapter from the outlet and plug it back in it ocassionally will work, but only if i leave it parcially connected (not fully plugged) the same works between the cable that connects to the wall and the one that connect to the adapter, disconnecting the adapter from the computer has no effect. If i can get it to sit in the exact right position it will charge and work on the adapter as long as I don´t move it. I am currently in another country and have no access to another adapter, just wondering if buying another adapter will help or if its more likely a motherboard problem. Thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your issue sounds like a faulty connector on the laptop itself. I would suggest you contact Dell by going Here and down on the left side right below the heading "Whats New" you will see a drop down menu. Pick your country and then proceed to the support page.
There you can click on the Contact link and then click on Telephone. It should give you all phones numbers for you to call. You will be looking for the technical support and customer service numbers specifically.
I hope this helps and let us know if there is anything we can assist you with and what you find out from Dell themselves. This will help others that may read this topic and have the same issue.

andrewfroboy

andrewfroboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks, also i discovered that by connecting the ac adapter without the battery it does work, i don´t know if this would change anything in the diagnosis, its no longer under warranty so i´m not sure what Dell can do, but i appreciate the help