Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stop: c0000221 {bad image checksum}

• Please log in to reply

juanitalee35

juanitalee35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
UH OH just got a error. Problem detected on a non Hitatchi disk drive, Please contact your HDD supplier for additional support. Disposition code=0x70
What now?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sure thats even better. Let it run all night. It won't hurt to run all night and after everything you have been through trying to get the file you should let it go on its own for awhile. get some rest and we can continue in the morning

juanitalee35

juanitalee35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
should i click ok, will it keep running the tests

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
yep go ahead and click ok.
If anything doesn't run correctly you will know in the morning

juanitalee35

juanitalee35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I clicked ok and it took me right back to the same screen we started on with the Quick Test or Advanced Test, so i went ahead and clicked Advanced again and I will see where that gets me in the morning.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
"UH OH just got a error. Problem detected on a non Hitatchi disk drive, Please contact your HDD supplier for additional support. Disposition code=0x70
What now? "

This means bad sectors on the hd. This would answer allot of your problems Hd sounds like it is failing.
Solution will be to replace it. This error seems to be well know with Hitachi drives. Do not stop the test but let it continue to run as it may pickup other errors to help us decide for sure

juanitalee35

juanitalee35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Problem detected on a non Hitatchi disk drive, Please contact your HDD supplier for additional support. Disposition code=0x70
What now?

juanitalee35

juanitalee35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
when i get that error, I click on OK and it takes me back to the main screen....i guess it doesn't go any further than that....

juanitalee35

juanitalee35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
besides, we are talking about a Hitatchi HD but the device list is showing a Toshiba

juanitalee35

juanitalee35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
It wont go past that error on the hard drive. I guess that means I need a new hard drive then? I'm going to bed, catch ya in the morning. Thanks again for bearing with me ALL day and ALL night!

Advertisements

juanitalee35

juanitalee35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I'm back this morning. Hope you got some sleep last night. I was told by another friend that it might be a corrupt file. So I am getting another copy of the CD today and will try that one.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
As I stated before I cannot help with the installation of pirated illegal software.

juanitalee35

juanitalee35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
BTW, I found an original XP recovery cd that came with my desktop computer, can I use that one?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes you can but what about the reg key

juanitalee35

juanitalee35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Can I open up the laptop and find the reg key in there somewhere?