Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp dv5000 laptop with windows xp

• Please log in to reply

brievans

brievans

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hope someone will be able to assist. I have a hp dv 5000 laptop with xp installed. it has 80gb hd and amd turion.
Spyware protect 2009 got onto the system and ran a scan, I could put the blame on my son but it was probably my error. The laptop will now start up until the login, it then proceeds to a blank blue HP screen and tells me that Windows has stopped the programs from opening and do I want to send an error code. If I click yes it comes back with the same message...windows has stopped the program from opening...it goes on and on with all other programs. Task manager will sometimes open but even that sometimes closes with the same message. It is the same in safe mode. I cannot connect to the internet with it and all my other efforts have failed. Any ideas anyone before I really mesh it up. Thanks.

Advertisements