Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Usage 100% and Internet connects only sometimes in IE? [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
I did the Combo Fix thing and it had a problem with the Chkdsk and after the combofix finished it restarted and when my computer came back on it did the chkdsk before it came up. Then when the computer came back on I never seen the Log come up so I am back on to get you the updates. The Log is not in it's place so I have no idea what to do.

Also, I would like to thank you for the help so far and the help in the future because I understand you don't have to do anything and I appreciate that.

P.S. do you sense anything with the computer so far based on what I have showed you and let me know the next step. Thanks

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Could you re-run Combofix please and see if it produces a log at C:\Combofix

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Here is the new log

Attached Files

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK lets go for a double whammy on this one and fix the chkdsk problem and the connectivity problem in one go ( I hope ) On completion let me know what the result is

Chkdsk

1. click on your start menu and open the run dialog.
2. type "cmd" and return (note: dont enter quotes)
3. Next type "fsutil dirty query c:"
4. If the return message indicates that the volume is dirty go to step 5
5. Next type "chkdsk c: /f /x"
6. After that finishes repeat step 3.
7. If it is no longer dirty then reboot and you should notice no more ckdisk.

Connectivity

IE8 has it's own method of securing sites which can cause problems if Spybot, IESpyad are used

Right-Click [url="http://<a%20href="http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/DelDomains.inf"%20target="_blank">http://www.mvps.org/...Domains.inf</a>"]Here[/url] and Save As to download DelDomains.inf to your desktop.
To use: RIGHT-CLICK DelDomains.inf on your desktop and select: Install (no need to restart)
Note: This will remove all entries in the "Trusted Zone" and "Ranges" also.

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Chkdsk cannont run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

I know it does a chkdsk on every start up and no matter what it will do it again and again every start up. So should I just type Y? or do you see a problem on why it says that?

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Also, that link is not working with the right click it said not a valid file I believe and when I actually click the link the page is not available?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Go for Y and let me know the upshot :)

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Okay, I am about to restart now so I can let it run the chkdsk and then repeat step 3. However, what should I do about the connectivity thing? The download link wasn't working. I will be on the chkdsk for a while so I will get the new link if needed when I reboot.

Also, for some reason my computer have a error when I leave my mouse connected on restart (no matter if I change mouses on one of my other computers) however it did this before and it started to load with mouse in but now it's back to having to take mouse out. Is that a problem also?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
My apologies I made a formatting error on the link I had one space to many :)

Right-Click Here and Save As to download DelDomains.inf to your desktop.
To use: RIGHT-CLICK DelDomains.inf on your desktop and select: Install (no need to restart)
Note: This will remove all entries in the "Trusted Zone" and "Ranges" also.

Also, for some reason my computer have a error when I leave my mouse connected on restart (no matter if I change mouses on one of my other computers) however it did this before and it started to load with mouse in but now it's back to having to take mouse out. Is that a problem also?

Is it a USB or PS2 mouse ?

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
It's a USB mouse and the "Disk is not Dirty" so that should be good.

New problem with the downloaded file I downloaded it to desktop and save as all files but it saves as a text file so I can't right click and press install

Edited by dch1314, 19 April 2009 - 09:31 AM.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I need to check up on the mouse - if you could now reboot and let me know if chkdsk has stopped playing games and also has your connectivity improved ?

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
The file downloaded as text file so I was not able to right click and install. I am not sure why

NEVER MIND about the file I fixed it and was able to install. Thanks alot...I am in the process of restarting to see if chkdsk is still acting up

Edited by dch1314, 19 April 2009 - 09:35 AM.

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
The connectivity thing I will just have to see if it worked over time because my IE used to connect sometimes and then sometimes it will never connect and my FriendBlaster Pro which is connected through IE would just close for no reason and when I open it sometimes it will not have any connection so I will have to wait and see if it worked but im sure if that was the problem it may have fixed it. I am off to restart now

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Okay, back after restart and the system did not need to do a chkdsk so that is some progress. I did see that my computer CPU Usage was reaching 100% when I first turned it back on but now its back to normal levels. Is that a issue still or nothing major?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
The cpu usage is dependant on the number of programmes starting with your system, I will go back and look at that now. Apart from that how is your system running now ?