Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Usage 100% and Internet connects only sometimes in IE? [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
In the list below can you do step 5 as a continuation of this may indicate a problem with your drive

1. click on your start menu and open the run dialog.
2. type "cmd" and return (note: dont enter quotes)
3. Next type "fsutil dirty query c:"
4. If the return message indicates that the volume is dirty go to step 5
5. Next type "chkdsk c: /f /x"
6. After that finshes repeat step 3.
7. If it is no longer dirty then reboot and you should notice no more
ckdisk.

Advertisements

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Yes, I did it again after I saw it happened and I check and it said it was no longer dirty but like I was telling you before for some reason it happens to always come back. Also, i used the uninstaller but that certain file that is outdated still is unable to be removed and its still on my system. What should I do

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Could you give me the path for it e.g C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\flash\ file name

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
It was deleted now so I am not sure of the filename. Also, I checked the volume and drive c: is dirty yet again.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I think you will need to go to the hardware section to cure that part as we are getting out of my depth. And they are the experts there

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Okay, Thanks a bunch with your help thus far and you have cured me of my problems from the looks of it so I greatly appreciate that. So, with my CPU Usage reaching those massive numbers that should not happen again or were you unable to find a problem with that?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
That should not occur again as long as you remain clean :)

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Okay, Thanks alot and what was in my system? I know you say it should not occur if it remains clean just for future references

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
It could have been any one of half a dozen generic trojans - usually got by downloading codecs or "free" video egg type programmes

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
oh ok. Thanks alot

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
User returned

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
When I open different applications the it stops me from closing or minimizing all of the apps preventing me from seeing the desktop ever again unless I restart. I am not sure what the problem is but I know that the explorer.exe is taking up 80 to 100% of my cpu usage. I see the problem is kind of wide spread so it's a common problem. I can't post a log based on not being able to see my desktop or close all programs even with closing apps through task manager. My log hasn't changed much since yesterday because I turned my computer off yesterday after the fix and when I woke this morning the problem of cpu usage was there

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK investigation time

Go Start > Run > type in Msconfig
Select the Services tab
Tick Hide all Microsoft services
Then remove the ticks from all items left
Reboot and see if the problem is still there
If not re-enable One service and restart then see how the system runs
Continue re-enabling the services until you experience the problem again, then let me know which service caused it

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
well the problem occurs after being online for a while and opening some applications. The problem can take hours before it start so to monitor this it could take up to couple days.