Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

User Account Folder Access

• Please log in to reply

delafuente.family

delafuente.family

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I am creating my mother and daughter a limited account on my computer, but I want them to have access to my pictures folder in my documents. I know there is a way to do this, but have forgotten....also, is there a way to view their desktop and organize their acess to programs from my user account?

Thanks!

Advertisements

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Well to answer your second question, no there is no way where you can view their desktop from your account.

About the first question, there should be a way in which they can do that. I think you have to set up some permissions or something. Im not too sure about it...

delafuente.family

delafuente.family

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
They have limited permissions and I am the admin. I need to be able to share that folder, but not all my documents.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you share a folder you will share everything in that folder

delafuente.family

delafuente.family

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
So I need to share My Documents? Okay....np. How do I do that? I tried going to folder options, right clicking on the my docs icon and all sharing options are xed out. It says to drag it to the shared folder, but I don't have one. Can I create it? Please help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go Here this is a easy to follow step by step guide on how to setup a shared documents folder for everyone on the computer. Let me know if this works for you.

delafuente.family

delafuente.family

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
It worked. Thanks! It helped out a lot. I especially love that it came from a "for dummies" book. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep those Dummies books are great. My wife and I started with computers learning from those over 12 years ago. They are easy for anyone to understand.
With that being said:
You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help. Please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Edited by rshaffer61, 15 April 2009 - 08:47 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

also, is there a way to view their desktop and organize their acess to programs from my user account?

this depends on a few things....mainly what you exactly you're wanting to do....could you be a little more descriptive of the desired outcome of this step?

Well to answer your second question, no there is no way where you can view their desktop from your account.

incorrect