also i need to find out which version of ie i have & i cant find the info in ie properties or control panel. how can i find it?
i looked in the live community section of turbotax forum & there were over 600 posting about problems related to installation of turbotax 2008 cd:
any idea how i can get turbotax 2008 to download on ms xp version 2002 sp2? i tried a number of fixes propsed by turbotax that did not work (selective startup mode, etc)
some of error messages i received were:
1) unexpected windows installer error: 65535
2) Error code 1601. turbotax website said the possible cause is : The Windows Installer is turned off or corrupted.
2) windows installer not accessible error: 1601
3) turbotax repair tool didnt work
4) when i tried to uninstall it i got message:
Application Controller: MSI post-uninstall exception post unintall cleanup exception occurred. Access to path WinPerFormset.msi is denied