PC problems heellpp
Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:27 PM
Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:30 PM
Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:32 PM
Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:43 PM
If the only thing you touched is the video card, then it is likely that the video card just hasn't been put back in correctly. You may need to reseat it several times before it works. (Obviously, don't be tempted to jiggle it about whilst the systems switched on!).
If it turns out to be more complicated than just a badly seated agp card, then theres plenty of other stuff to try. However, I'm going to bed shortly (its 1.40AM other here) so unless someone else takes over from me & helps you, then you may have to wait until tomorrow to get the system back up & running!
Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:47 PM
Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:50 PM
Let me know what happens. I'll catch up with you again tomorrow
Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:43 AM
Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:14 AM
If it doesn't have one or if that doesn't work, then do the following :
1. wear a static strap to protect your hardware from static damage.
2. Unplug the PSU power cable, then disconnect the internal ATX connector from the PSU to the mobo.
3. Remove all your PCI cards but remember which slot they each came out of. Place them somewhere safe, preferably in static bags. Do not put them on carpet etc as static will damage them
4. Unplug all the drive cables (hard drive, CD/DVD & floppy). Disconnect at the mobo end not the drive end & unplug all the power connections to the drives.
5. Remove any external devices eg USB, printer, scanner, modem/network cables etc. Leave only the keyboard & monitor attached.
6.Clear the bios using the jumper again (its good practise to do this after removing hardware from the mobo)
7. Reconnect the ATX power connector to the mobo, reconnect the PSU power lead & try to start the system up.
Let me know what happens.
Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:25 PM
Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:46 PM
Do you hear the hard drive spin up at all?
Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:12 PM
Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:16 PM
When you said it's loading normally, like before, except for the screen, what is it doing now that it didn't do before you followed my instructions?
Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:18 PM
Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:38 PM
Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:40 PM