Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Office Soure Engine for Microsoft Office

• Please log in to reply

Alex05

Alex05

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
hi

i have a slightly similar problem. After being attacked with a malware, the office source engine for the microsoft office ahs been deleted by the malware (i think), and now, i cannot open any office application because of that. I tried to follow the steps on the Setup Help but it always displays an error or two.

i hope someone can help me. thanks

Alex05

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you still have your MS office disks? the quickest solution would be to uninstall office and reinstall it

Alex05

Alex05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey dsenette,

we purchased the whole set with the office programs installed in it.. i also lost the paint, notepad and other accessories in the start menu. :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the paint and such in the start menu is relatively easy... open up control panel (start > settings > control panel) then open up add/remove programs...choose "add/remove windows components) from the left side....then highlight accessories in the list and choose details...put a check mark next to the "games" item..then highlight accessories and press details...put a check box next to paint and press ok and apply...this SHOULD reinstall the games and paint....you may need your windows disk for this

did the machine not come with recovery disks?

Alex05

Alex05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
alright got that.

i'm not sure if our office has that but i will ask. if, say for example, we have none, or they lost it, is there another way to solve this matter?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the best bet is to get the office disks and reinstall...there may be other sollutions but they all have a high probability of requiring the original disk

Alex05

Alex05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
alright, thanks.

about the accessories, it was checked, but when i clicked on next, there was a problem. (see the attached photo)

so there are no chance that the problem will be fixed without the aid of the disk?

:)

Attached Thumbnails

• 33354656.JPG

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah looks like you'll need both your windows XP disk and the office disk