Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help! firefox internet won't load

• Please log in to reply

lilac_sim

lilac_sim

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
hello!!
i have had the help from here before , and it was wonderful!! thank you, :)
but my daughter has a new note book laptop and its a acer aspire one series, with linpus linux lite v1.0.9.E
and the internet is firefox . and is using wireless internet.
The internet is all of a sudden not working , and i can not get on to the settings network centre either.

To say i'm a noob to this linux and firefox is an understatement, i'm very good with windows but this is rather confusing.
I'm using an ethernet wireless netgear and all the signals on it are working fine and the internet on my computer is fine too, so no problems there. :)
i can get onto everything in the settings apart from the network centre. :) , i haven't a clue where to look for any system or hardware stuff and can't find anything to help like i can on windows, PLEASE HELP :) .
THIS IS ONE OF THOSE LITTLE SMALL THINGS AND HAS NO DVD/CD ON.

Advertisements

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Hello lilac_sim

Welcome to G2G! My name is Oreo Collas and I'll be helping today. Please be sure that you print or copy all of the instructions to a document on your desktop as many of the directions may require you to log into Safe Mode or unhook your internet connection.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure to read through all the directions and make sure that you understand them completly before doing any thing. If there is something that you do not unsderstand then let me know and I will elaborate. Skipping steps, working out of order, or working ahead of the directions may cause undesireable results.

First of all, I'd like you to try to connect directly to your internet with a cable. Not wirelessly.

Also try to use the default linux web browser. Does this help at all?

lilac_sim

lilac_sim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Also on this little laptop there should be a little connection icon on the system tray when you press the little switch at the front, i'm getting nothing!!
I can't even see if anything is connected either as i can't get none of this up!! help, please. :)

lilac_sim

lilac_sim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
thank you!!!! :)
right i have tryed the instant connection and no joy and how do i try to use the default browser?
I have a little switch that brings up the connection icon and i'm getting nothing :) and there is an icon that says network centre and i can't get onto that either.

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I am not too familiar with this operating system so I am not too sure what the default browser is, but under the start button (What ever it's called in Linux) you should be able to find a list a browsers.

chamber

chamber

Face Burnin' Malware Fighter

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,712 posts
You will very often find that the default browser in most versions of linux is firefox.

Try opening a command prompt window and typing ifconfig and iwconfig and post back the results here.

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Hello Chamber,
Glad to work next to you. I'm assumeing you know more about Linux than I do? :)