Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD during certain actions in game

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to Start>Run> type in dxdiag
when it is done there will be a button on the bottom named
Save All Information>>>click this
when it is doen it will ask where to save the file named "DxDiag"
save it to your desktop and include it with your next reply

Advertisements

Sir_Grey

Sir_Grey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i attached it.Attached File  DxDiag.txt   42.48KB   442 downloads

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloadedand run it
Put a tick in accept thenclick on next
Put a tick in the don't create a start menu folder then click next
Put a tick in create a desktop icon then click on install and make sure there is a tick in launch whocrashed before clicking finish
Click Analyze ...
It will want to download the debugger and install it...say yes...
WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The Cause Of BSOD Is 'igxpdv32.dll'. which is the Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers
Try unistalling it and then try the game. When you uninstall it will reset screen resolution so don't get alarmed.
Also for my own interest is this a genuine pc game cd or a downloaded version?
Also I need you to
Go to
Start>Run>Type in eventvwr.msc Press Enter
On left side click on Applications On right side look for any RED X about the time of a incident
On left side click on Hardware. Onright side look for any Red X about the same time of a incident
Also look for any yellow exclamation mark at the same time in either of the above

Include any in next reply

Edited by rshaffer61, 17 April 2009 - 04:34 PM.

Sir_Grey

Sir_Grey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
uninstalled the driver, the game wont run with out having direct 3d acceleration on or something of that sort. as for the event viewer, under application, the x's are application error and hang, the yellow warning exclamations are Userenv and i couldnt find any hardware section, unless system is the same. the game is dowloaded it has a file checking system built in and ive already scanned for corruption.

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Every one of the analyze entry points to the intel graphics accelorator as the problem with this stop code 0x1000008E
In event viewer please double click say the first 3 or 4 entry under applications one at a time. After it shows a result box I need a screenshot of each> To do screenshots

Click on your Print Screen on your keyboard
Now go to Start> All Programs > Accessories > Paint
In the empty white area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your desktop

In your next reply attach the screenshot. If the file is to large then go to HERE and register. Upload the file and then post the link to the file that will be located to the right of the now uploaded mediafire file.

Edited by rshaffer61, 18 April 2009 - 10:10 AM.

Sir_Grey

Sir_Grey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
event viewer
-lol could do remote access xD-

Attached Thumbnails

• event_viewr.JPG

Edited by Sir_Grey, 18 April 2009 - 04:04 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Everything is pointing to that Intel Graphics Accelerator. I am going to research this more but I'm finding a driver that seems to be newer then the one you show back in post 11
Your Driver Version: 6.14.10.4926
My Driver Version: 14.32.4.4926 2/15/2008

I need to check this out to make sure before I can yes
How old is your system and when was the last update for this accelerator that you got or can remember?

Sir_Grey

Sir_Grey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
its an acer travel mate 2480, id say about 2 yrs old. as for the driver i dont know, i downloaded it from the intel site, said it was the latest driver, so far what i know of.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Was the update after the date of the driver I listed above?
2/15/2008

Just wondering as I can't think of anything else to do at this point cause the software and hardware is all working fine and verified with all the tests and scans that have been done. The problem lies with that chipset. It may be that it just can't do it for some reason. I read the requirements and you are above minimum but I can't see any other reason for this all to be happening. Is anything else in the system having problems besides the game or games?

Edited by rshaffer61, 19 April 2009 - 01:22 PM.

Advertisements

Sir_Grey

Sir_Grey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
no i played perfect world for the longest on it, and even then i only had 512 ram. the info of the gfx update is :
* Production Version Releases
* Microsoft Windows* 2000
* Microsoft Windows* XP
* Driver Revision: Production Version 14.32.4
* Package: 45665
* Graphics: 6.14.10.4926
* HDMI Audio: 5.10.0.1030
* February 28, 2008
on the BSOD screen itmentions diabling bios options such as shadowing and caching or somthing, would that help? what would disabling it do? i would try updating my bios but its only behind one update, and i dont think thats the issue, and i dont want to mess anything up.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Disabling the bios options you stated will allow more video memory to be used instead of allocating part to the system. Caching is when the system saves a certain amount of information for a program or command in memory and it allows the system to run longer without any lag time. It is worth a try but please make sure you have the directions written down so that in case it doesn't help you can go back in and change everything back to what it was.
Please let me know if it works.

Sir_Grey

Sir_Grey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
do you know how? ive tried googling it, but i havent come across anything helpful.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
try tapping the del button when the system first starts up. Then you would need to get into the advanced area I believe. Look around but please don't change anything unless you detail to me what you are looking at first.
If del doesn't work try F2 or F12

Let me know