Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

acer aspire 5920

• Please log in to reply

jacktro

jacktro

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
my sis has an acer aspire 5920 which shes had only a couple of months,its runs vista home edition and now when she switches it on it goes straight to a page which gives her options to start various safe modes giving the reason for this as the compurer was not shut down properly!
the last option on this page is for a normal start up which she has tried,it shows a loading bar for a bit but then the screen goes blank and nothing happens.
does anyone know how to get it back to a normal start up?
thx guys

Advertisements

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Hello jacktro

Welcome to G2G! My name is Oreo Collas and I'll be helping today. Please be sure that you print or copy all of the instructions to a document on your desktop as many of the directions may require you to log into Safe Mode or unhook your internet connection.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure to read through all the directions and make sure that you understand them completly before doing any thing. If there is something that you do not unsderstand then let me know and I will elaborate. Skipping steps, working out of order, or working ahead of the directions may cause undesireable results.

Are you able to boot into safe mode?

jacktro

jacktro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
The laptop has "DIED"...it wont even switch on now,so it seems to have a major problem.As its only a few months old we have called Acer and they will pick it up this week-end,you never know we might just get a new one.!!
thanks anyway oreo.

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Well, I'm sorry I couldn't help. Feel free to come back if Acer does not help.