Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC Shuts Down Intermittently

• Please log in to reply

Pulaski CM

Pulaski CM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I was told by a friend that some kind of virus was released on April 1st that causes interruptions in hardware devices and/or OS's. Have you heard anything of that nature? I run AVG-Free as my A.V. and regularly scan with AdAware, Spybot S&D, CCleaner, and I use SpywareBlaster, Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as protection - could I have missed something?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I don't believe this is the issue. Did your problem start before April 5th? Have you done the sfc /scannow instructions from previous instructions? If you would like to do a repair installation and try to fix windows without a format(which will cause the lose of all data) then you would need your Genuine Microsoft Windows Xp disc and registration number. Please let me know which way you would like to proceed. :)

Edited by rshaffer61, 22 April 2009 - 08:20 AM.

PcTestCard

PcTestCard

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I would suggest checking the mobo for any damaged capacitor.

Also try remove the HDD data cable and just let the PC on in the BIOS screen and see if that helps!

Hope this helps!
Bill
tech Manager
www.PCtestcard.com