Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SOS XP Profile problem

• Please log in to reply

sdmayhem

sdmayhem

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I'm in need of some urgent help. When I shut my computer down last it reset my main profile on Windows XP which caused it to delete all my Moms pictures and a bunch of important files that I'm not to sure if I had backed up

If anyone can help with restoring my profile PLEASE help asap.

Thank You,

SDmayhem

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First calm down as your problem is not making sense. :) You are describing 2 different problems. Your profile being reset are you meaning your login for your profile is not working?
Second your information can still possibly be retrieved even if it has been deleted.

third:
Hello welcome to GeeksToGo, We will be happy to help you.

We will need some more information

If this is a name brand system:
Make
Model
Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

If this is custom then We will need the following:

The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Cd\Dvd rom interface IDE/ SATA
Hard Drive size and free space
Any cards in PCI slots
Any software installed\updated and driver updates done just before problem started

All this will help in determining a course of action to best correct the problem you are experiencing.