Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with: Web browsers, Internet, Search engines, antivirus softw

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Please verify have you done the WinsockXPFix step?

Advertisements

ciregno

ciregno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
no, i have not.

ciregno

ciregno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
just finished the winsockxpfix and my comp is running much faster so far. internet is good. will wait to see if internet stays on. thanks for all your help, will keep you posted.

ciregno

ciregno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
internet crashed again.... had to reboot.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Can you list me the error that you get when the internet crashed.. Also, does internet only crash at the university or at random place?.. How do you connected to the internet? Is it through wireless or wired connection?

ciregno

ciregno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Can you list me the error that you get when the internet crashed.. Also, does internet only crash at the university or at random place?.. How do you connected to the internet? Is it through wireless or wired connection?

i don't get an error when it crashes really, it just stops working out of the blue. the only error i get is that the connectivity is low or limited even though it says that i'm connected and the speed is 100 mbps, but i'm not receiving or sending any packets. thus far within this month, it seems to only crash at my university although i have yet to try to connect at a random place. my internet connects automatically through a wired connection. with the schools wireless connection, once the internet crashes, my computer can't connect to a wireless connection. i can connect to the wireless connection after reboot but it just crashes again, wired or wireless.

would it be possible for my university to block out my IP and disconnect the connection because i'd be a threat to the network due to the virus i used to have?

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
I got the very same problem with my university wireless connection too.. If I go wired connection or wifi at any other places my internet connection is working fine.. most probably its the wireless issue between the computer and university connection.. if so, there's nothing we can do about it, you have to consult with the university computer center to solve the issue.. I even do that to my university and they ask me to buy a new modem! :)

About whether your uni block your IP due to virus, its the university policy perhaps.. you have to consult them..

Well, lets do another checking if somehow the computer still has malware..

Please download FileLister by bamajim and unzip it to your Desktop..
  • Double-click on FileLister.vbe and let it run. Wait until a log pop-on to your screen
  • Attach that log in your next reply.. You can find the log at C:\Files.txt or %Systemdrive%\Files.txt

ciregno

ciregno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i rarely ever use my universitys wireless connection though. it's always the wired one i use. i'll call them and do the scan though. thanks for the info!

ciregno

ciregno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
here it is!

Attached Files

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Just a little bit more..

Repeat the OTMoveIt3 step but this time with below script.. Post the log here after that..

:files
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yulalihe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yulalihe.*

:commands
[purity]
[emptytemp]

So, apart from your wireless problem, how's the computer now? :)

Advertisements

ciregno

ciregno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
========== FILES ==========
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yulalihe moved successfully.
File/Folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\yulalihe.* not found.
========== COMMANDS ==========
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\ERICON~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\hsperfdata_Eric Ong\3048 scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\ERICON~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\hsperfdata_Eric Ong\3232 scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\ERICON~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_gppX6KGdyhFTP7NGXf38 scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\ERICON~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF7512.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
User's Temp folder emptied.
User's Internet Explorer cache folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Y3KST86K\size=120x90;noperf=1;alias=93242651;kvmn=93242651;target=_blank;aduho=240;group=200057328;misc=
200057328[1].htm scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Y3KST86K\tcodebl[1].htm scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Y3KST86K\tcodewads[1].htm scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GLZY94U3\AIM_UAC_v2[1].htm scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GLZY94U3\size=120x90;noperf=1;alias=93242651;kvmn=93242651;target=_blank;aduho=240;group=200018718;misc=
200018718[1].htm scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
User's Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
Local Service Temp folder emptied.
Local Service Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
Network Service Temp folder emptied.
Network Service Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\WINDOWS\temp\Perflib_Perfdata_f20.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\WINDOWS\temp\sqlite_BN0k3PpQHDW7YrA scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Windows Temp folder emptied.
Java cache emptied.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mzga5m19.default\Cache\_CACHE_001_ scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mzga5m19.default\Cache\_CACHE_002_ scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mzga5m19.default\Cache\_CACHE_003_ scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mzga5m19.default\Cache\_CACHE_MAP_ scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mzga5m19.default\urlclassifier3.sqlite scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Ong\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mzga5m19.default\XUL.mfl scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
FireFox cache emptied.
Temp folders emptied.

OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.11.0 log created on 04202009_000340

comp is running fine after start up. sometimes the comp at start up shuts itself off and turns itself back on by itself but besides that it seems to be working fine. as always, the internet is the only issue. will call the school and ask tomorrow to keep you updated.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Ok.. will wait for you updates :)

ciregno

ciregno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

how does the log file look? any malware?

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

how does the log file look? any malware?

From the log, your computer is good to go.. I just asking you if you still have any issues with the computer :)

ciregno

ciregno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
so it turned out that my internet was not blocked by my schools network and that i needed to update my drivers. my drivers were uninstalled and installed again and now it works fine. thanks for all the help again! you've been of great assistance! i've already recommended my friends to geekstogo.com for help with malware since a lot of people are experience the same thing. once again, thanks again and all your help is great appreciated.