Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan horse PSW.Generic7.BTM [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

guyzmatt

guyzmatt

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi im new here and i just recently joined here in an effort to get this trojan off my computer

i have AVE8.0 free and it is detecting that i have Trojan horse PSW.Generic7.BTM and when i try to remove it or open any apiplicatioons it just copies itself and creates more. the file that is says it is located in doesn't exsist and right now my computer is like being spammed by it. i just turne don my computer and i dont knwo whatas goign on but its running really slow and the threats keep poping up. i see on thsi site people post what they have on their comps so i have

Windows vistta home premium 64bit edition my computer is an HP pavilion dv7-1135nr entertainment notebook PC

please help me :) im not that good with computers so i m sorry but i may need to be told things ind etail...im not like completely stupid but im not a hacker or anything like thatand sorry for all the miss types in this post but my computer is goign really reallys low and lagging alot from the virus alert spam

Advertisements

pauline addis

pauline addis

• Visiting Consultant
  • 777 posts
Hello guyzmatt :),

Welcome to Geeks to Go!
My name is Pauline and I will be helping you to fix your computer.

Please take note that I'm still in training, which means that my posts will have to be checked by an expert prior posting and may cause some delays.

Please stick with me until we get your computer cleaned up.

I'm currently analyzing your situation, and I'll post back with a fix ASAP.
Regards,
Pauline

pauline addis

pauline addis

• Visiting Consultant
  • 777 posts
Hello guyzmatt,

Can you please visit the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic thread, follow the steps described, and post back the Malware Byte's Anti-Malware log, the Rooter report and the OTListIt2 log.

Thanks!
Pauline

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.