Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant remove The Sims Makin' Magic

• Please log in to reply

IaBi

IaBi

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hello Fellow Geeks

I'm having difficulties removing The Sims Makin' Magic from my system.
I go to the add and remove programs option in the control panel and decide to remove The Sims Makin' Magic.
Then, after clicking on remove, the removal process begins to take place though the InstallSheild wizard pops up stating that The Sims Makin' Magic is starting up the InstallSheild Wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the process. After this starting this process, the InstallSheid asks me to insert the disk into the D:// drive. I follow the requests and find my self with The Sims Makin' Magic main window asking me to install the program.
At this point im a bit confused !!!
I've made a search on my computer trying to find any files that relate to this program and the results come back as no files found. If The Sims Makin' Magic has already been removed from my PC how can i get rid of it showing up in my "Add or Remove Programs" list ??

Hope somebody can help
Thanks Alot
IaBi

Advertisements

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Hello IaBi

Welcome to G2G! My name is Oreo Collas and I'll be helping today. Please be sure that you print or copy all of the instructions to a document on your desktop as many of the directions may require you to log into Safe Mode or unhook your internet connection.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure to read through all the directions and make sure that you understand them completly before doing any thing. If there is something that you do not unsderstand then let me know and I will elaborate. Skipping steps, working out of order, or working ahead of the directions may cause undesireable results.

First of all, I would like to have you reinstall the Sims and after reinstalling it see if you can then remove it.

IaBi

IaBi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Heyah Oreo Collas

Thank you for helping me so far but i have managed to get rid of The Sims that was in my Add or Remove programs list via the registry editor. I deleted the remaining Sims registry keys on the system but before i did i made a back up of them
Thanks for your time
IaBi