Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox set up

• Please log in to reply

iron mum

iron mum

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi there,
My son has an xbox 360 elite and recently got the wireless network adapter but I can't get the thing to work.
I have a wanadoo livebox, vista home premium and bitdefender total security.
I have followed all instructions both from xbox and microsoft to wanadoo (orange) and nothing seems to work.
The thing I can't understand is that the xbox has my livebox listed and shows it as connected but when I try to connect it asks for WPA (which I give and is correct) then it tells me it can't connect but no reason as to why.
I'm normally pretty clued up with this stuff but I have been trying since last night and am now stumped.
If anyone can help I will be delighted.

Advertisements

iron mum

iron mum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I can connect to my livebox will a cable but when trying with wireless and I put in my WEP key it says the key is not valid but it is the right key.