Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Key change?

• Please log in to reply

domyue

domyue

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hi, I recently reinstalled everything and now my mousepad doesn't work as it should.

I figured out that my trackpad uses apoint as a driver. But I don't know how to install it. I tried to install it via apoint.exe, in the drivers folder of my sony setup CD, but it says something like "dll could not be opened".

So at the moment it works but i can't scroll by dragging my finger at the side of the pad.

Can anyone help me find a way to use this 'advanced' feature of the pad??

THANKS!! :)

Sorry, updated the thread! See below

Edited by domyue, 18 April 2009 - 01:44 PM.

Advertisements

domyue

domyue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Ah! Dont worry, Managed to sort it out!!

I since the exe file for the driver didnt work, I just used "device manager" to install it and pointed it to the relevant setup disc folder. Managed to find it in there so it now works!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratualtions, I'm glad you got it resolved. :)
Please let us know if there are any other issues we might be able to assist you with.

domyue

domyue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Oh, I do have another query actually.. I better change the title then.
How do you change the key of my current xp install? I've got a key on the sticker of my laptop case and I'd like to use that instead of the one included in the current modded install.

Tried using RockXP, but its given me a "host script disabled" error. I rectified this in regedit - However, even though there's no error pop-up, its still not changing the key after telling it to "modify" it.

Thanks!
(XP Pro, SP3, custom install)

Edited by domyue, 18 April 2009 - 01:47 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The key you have already installed will work fine. The OS you have installed is the same that was originally installed on your system? If that is the case there is no need to change your key and pursuant to Terms Of Use I cannot assist in changing them.

domyue

domyue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
ok that is the case. thanks!