Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC Suddenly started freezing. ABSOLUTELY STUMPED

• Please log in to reply

hirow

hirow

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
About two days ago, I was playing a game called warhammer online and the the game suddenly froze. This happened time to time so while I was annoyed, I didn't think it was too big of a problem. There were white lines going vertically and I couldn't tab out or close it, so I restarted the computer.

When I logged back into windows, about 10 seconds later my PC froze. Annoyed, I rebooted again. The same thing happened over and over and over again.

I logged into my brother's account, which also froze. I logged into safe mode, and it didn't have that problem. From safe mode I've tried to disable everything in the Startup, system restore, delete anything I installed that day (which was just AVG antivirus). Occassionally the PC will let me log in and use it as normal. Just now I logged in and it didn't freeze, so I clicked on firefox which didn't respond. I then clicked on my taskbar and it froze, while beeping loudly. I've also run my anti spyware program and it didn't seem to help.

I've never experienced anything like this. Could someone please give advice?

Edited by hirow, 17 April 2009 - 11:23 PM.

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello hirow & welcome to GTG!

we will be needing some more information such as
If it is a name brand system:
Make and Model
Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

If however , it is custom then we will need the following:
The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Cd\Dvd rom interface IDE/ SATA
Hard Drive size and free space
Any cards in PCI slots
Any software installed\updated and driver updates done just before problem started

All of this information will help in determining a course of action to best correct the problem you are experiencing...

Best of luck !

Anthony19

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Please remove that hijacklog , this is not the place for them :)

If you think you have an infection head over to the malware forum

Start here : http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html

Work through step by step , saving all logs / results

Then go here : http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

Start a new thread/topic and ensure you include all information you have about he problem eg: anything you have done to try fix the problem and all the logs/results you have from the scan's

Thank You

You can attach log files , but generally only done when requested

BTW: I suggest you do go over to the malware forum ( From what i can see there maybe some badies in there... )

But i am not trained in that department , therefor i cannot assist you in the removal , Please follow above steps

Thank you for your co-operation

Once you have the all clear from the malware removalist , and you are still having problems have this topic re-opened

PS: Dont forget to give them a link to this thread , so they can have it closed... ( If you still having problems PM an admin and they can re-open the thread for you )

Best of luck !
&
Happy computing

Anthony19

Edited by Anthony19, 17 April 2009 - 11:48 PM.

hirow

hirow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Alright, sorry about that. I'll try the malware forum.

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
No Problem...

No need to be sorry :)

Best of luck !
&
Happy computing

You are in very good hands

Thanks for your co-operation and sorry for any inconvenience caused...

Anthony19

PS : Do you use all them Toolbars you have installed ?

Edited by Anthony19, 17 April 2009 - 11:57 PM.