Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE explorer only running in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

smoothtforu

smoothtforu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am new o the site and new to the game and need some serious help understanding these things. I have a friend of mine that has a dell desktop, not exactly sure what configuration. A few days ago she could not open up internet explorer unless she was in safe mode. Now she can not even connect to the internet. When you click the IE icon it starts to connect for like five seconds and then suddenly the page disappears. As per one friends advice I ran ATF cleaner and then tried malware bytes but malwarebytes could not even run giving a error number 404. I also ran super antispyware, but it did not yield anything significant but six cookies. After that we also run spyware terminator and it yielded one critical object. To make things worse, IE is the only browser that she has. Is this a malware/ virus issue or something else. Please help.

Advertisements