Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Zero Configuration

• Please log in to reply

giff1888

giff1888

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi new to the board.

Sorry about the long post guys but i've tried everything with this and I am really at the end of my tether. Right here goes.

I am having big problems with my wireless connection right now. When I go to view my available wireless conections or set up a new connection I keep receiving this message. "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection if you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection use that software. If you want windows to configure this wireless connection start the WZC service see article 871122"

Anyway to cut a long story short I have read up on that article and googled for articles on how to get past this problem I have tried starting the WZC service but nothing happens. I have also tried going to run and inputting "cmd" and type in "sc query wzcsvc" after doing this it sayed my WZC service is stopped. Also when I go to wireless networks and properties there is no wireless network tab so I am unable to check the box to set windows to manage my wireless network. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any ansewers to get round this. If anyone could take the time out to help me then I would be eternally grateful.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hey giff1888 -- welcome to G2G :)

What happens when you attempt to start the WZC service from the command prompt?
  • Click Start, select Run, type cmd and press OK
  • In the new command prompt window, type net start wzcsvc
  • Does this produce an error? What happens?
Normally, if you can't start the WZC service, it's because some form of software is interfering. For this reason, I'd like to see what's running on your machine.

Step 1 - Generate a startup and uninstall list:
Please download HijackThis (if you do not already have it) and install it -- once it is installed, restart your computer. Once the computer starts up, launch HijackThis and then select the option Open the Misc Tools section -- select Generate StartupList log. Save the startup list in a safe location. Now select the option Open Uninstall Manager and then click Save list -- save it to a safe location. Please post the contents of the startup list and the uninstall list in your next response.

Thanks,
- Dan