Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DV9000 Pavilion OVERHEAT Nightmare


  • Please log in to reply

#1
Andrew's Overheating

Andrew's Overheating

    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a HP Pavilion DV9000 Refurbed about 4 months ago.

From day 1 on the battery never charged, the PC looked mint and I was so excited I didnt think much of it... Ill buy a battery later I thought.

I waited 2 months to call HP and the warranty "expired 7 days prior" to my call.

I have replaced the battery, and the cable/block. The laptop charger block gets so hot it can burn someone almost ... I mean... realllly hot. The Laptop gets so hot every day or two it just shuts off. It is constantly overheating and it doesnt hold a charge. It is so warm that the warmth throughout the keyboard is semi uncomfortable. The back where the speakers are on my laptop is super hot over the fan area.

My guess would be because its not charging it is just overheating but im not sure.

Other than the battery/overheating the laptop works fine, never bugs out.

Is this my motherboard, is this a fan issue? Why wouldnt my battery ever charge even when I replaced both products?

I am a college student and im broke, I wish I had my old laptop back, atleast it didnt overheat.

Thank you for your time!
  • 0

Advertisements


#2
rshaffer61

rshaffer61

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 34,114 posts
If I am understanding your issue correctly the laptop with normal use and not plugged into the charger is over heating?
If this is the case I would suspect a fan issue. That would be a repair issue and needs to be taken to a shop.

The over heating when plugged in suggest a connection problem in the connector on the laptop.
Either issue needs to be looked at from a repair shop as heat is the nunber one issue that will kill a system quicker then anything. By the sound of your description this is severe and needs to be looked at asap.
  • 0

#3
Andrew's Overheating

Andrew's Overheating

    New Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah its plugged in constantly, it wont charge the battery soooooo

It always has to be plugged in.
  • 0

#4
rshaffer61

rshaffer61

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 34,114 posts
It sounds like a defective battery. If it is defective then that could answer your over heating issue.
  • 0






Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP