Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DV9000 Pavilion OVERHEAT Nightmare

• Please log in to reply

Andrew's Overheating

Andrew's Overheating

• Pip
  • 2 posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a HP Pavilion DV9000 Refurbed about 4 months ago.

From day 1 on the battery never charged, the PC looked mint and I was so excited I didnt think much of it... Ill buy a battery later I thought.

I waited 2 months to call HP and the warranty "expired 7 days prior" to my call.

I have replaced the battery, and the cable/block. The laptop charger block gets so hot it can burn someone almost ... I mean... realllly hot. The Laptop gets so hot every day or two it just shuts off. It is constantly overheating and it doesnt hold a charge. It is so warm that the warmth throughout the keyboard is semi uncomfortable. The back where the speakers are on my laptop is super hot over the fan area.

My guess would be because its not charging it is just overheating but im not sure.

Other than the battery/overheating the laptop works fine, never bugs out.

Is this my motherboard, is this a fan issue? Why wouldnt my battery ever charge even when I replaced both products?

I am a college student and im broke, I wish I had my old laptop back, atleast it didnt overheat.

Thank you for your time!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If I am understanding your issue correctly the laptop with normal use and not plugged into the charger is over heating?
If this is the case I would suspect a fan issue. That would be a repair issue and needs to be taken to a shop.

The over heating when plugged in suggest a connection problem in the connector on the laptop.
Either issue needs to be looked at from a repair shop as heat is the nunber one issue that will kill a system quicker then anything. By the sound of your description this is severe and needs to be looked at asap.

Andrew's Overheating

Andrew's Overheating

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah its plugged in constantly, it wont charge the battery soooooo

It always has to be plugged in.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It sounds like a defective battery. If it is defective then that could answer your over heating issue.