Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Outlook 2003 problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
One of my users has accidently imported an old backup .pst file instead of exporting the latest version of his mailbox. This shouldn't be problem except that all the data on his tasks added since the last backup has disappeared - overwritten by the import!

As far as I know when you import a .pst file it is simply added to what's in the mailbox already except for duplicate items. I am wondering if this is a bug in Outlook 2003 and if anyone else has encountered this. Also if there is any way to roll back the import since a lot of very important information has gone awol!

Suggestions welcome!

Oh yeah, have looked at the Microsoft site but they have no information on this issue