Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32/Heur virus + other problem?

• Please log in to reply

dawtsf1187

dawtsf1187

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, this is my first time posting on this forum, so please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. About a week ago I attempted to download a file and upon opening it AVG informed me of a Win32/Heur virus which I told it to move to the vault. This continued happening for a while, even after full computer scans. I downloaded the programs suggested on this site including Rooter, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, OTListIt2, and SysRestore and ran them. For about a day everything worked okay and I thought everything was solved, but then I turned on my computer and attempted to log on to Windows and the screen went blank, leaving only the mouse pointer. Now it only opens in Safe Mode :)

I read through a couple of related topics, but I'm not sure if they will apply to me...

Any help would be appreciated. I am a college student and finals are coming up, so please forgive me if it takes me a little while to respond. Thanks!

Advertisements