Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista slow boot SOMETIMES and sluggish performance

• Please log in to reply

svitolo

svitolo

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hey Guys - I hope you can help me!

I would say I have this problem 30% of the time, but when I boot up my computer it takes a long time to load up. After that, my system resources are at 40 percent for about 15 minutes, and then whenever i use any program it jumps to a hundred percent!

Again, this doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes when I restart my computer with boot quickly and everything will be running fine.

Anyone know why this happening? Here's my hijackthis log:

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello svitolo

Please do not post hijack logs here , They belong in the Malware Forum only , UNLESS requested ( Then you attach the log :) )

No harm done though..

however this is not the place for malware removal , but the malware staff will be happy to help you out !

however I " think " one of your " rundll32.exe's " have an infection... ( We will have to have an expert confirm this though )

I'm not a malware staff therefore cannot assist you in any kind of malware removal..

therefor i am going to direct you to the malware forums where you can have your computer checked over more thoroughly

Can you please start here : http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html

Run through step by step , saving all logs / results

Then head over to : http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

Start a new topic and include all relavent information , including anything youve done to try and fix this...

Post all logs / results

ALSO , add a link to this thread so they can have it closed down , if after you have the all clear / clean message from the malware staff and you still have slow boot problems , PM and admin and have this topic re-opened , and we can continue where we left off !

You in good hands in the malware forums :) ,They are all good at what they do...

Sorry for any inconvenience , and thank you for your co-operation

Best of luck
&
Happy computing

Anthony19

Edited by Anthony19, 19 April 2009 - 03:16 AM.

svitolo

svitolo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank you! Followed the steps and posted on the other forum.