Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help with "TCP/IP transport is not installed"

• Please log in to reply

Swurvydel

Swurvydel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

after removing some adware i found during a regular virus scan, i now receive this error message when i boot up. "the TCP/IP transport is not installed"

Also when i try to repair my network connection, i get the error message basically stating repair operation failed due to not being able to renew ip address.

I found this link below and follow both instructions listed to no avail. I also read the deleting and then reinstalling my network security might help too. None of these worked. Please advise as to what might be the problem.

thanks in advance

http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=18698

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hello Swurvydel,
Have you tried uninstalling TCP/IP and reinstalling?

Swurvydel

Swurvydel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I managed to fix it. i downloaded this software that checks the winsock and everything is now fine. thanks anyways.

bcbowhunter

bcbowhunter

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Swurvydel where did you find that download?

pinko

pinko

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having the same error message "TCP/IP network transport not installed", i have Windows 98 SE, let me know what i need to enter into the system to correct the problem. Thank You.