Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Connection KEEPS Disconnecting

• Please log in to reply

ContradictiveIrony

ContradictiveIrony

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
First, i'm a computer retard, i suck at computers. My internet keeps disconnecting constantly and it sucks when it disconnects me from a dota game. I've a hunch that my router's f-ing up. It just disconnects and doesn't reconnect automatically. Same for the other computers. I'm from Singapore and my ISP is Starhub. My router (i think its the one next to the modem) is Prolink. All i know is that the router is at the opposite end from where my computer is at. Its kinda far, does that have anything related to the constant disconnection?

It just disconnects but the modem and router lights are lighting up perfectly. But my computer just shows that it disconnects and i have to turn off the modem power and on it again. Both modem and router are linked together. Will being the modem and router next to me computer fix it? But i think its kinda impossible due to the cable wiring in my house. I need help, the constant disconnection is killing me :)

Oh ya p.s. , i can't find cmd in my computer -_-". I pressed the start menu and searched for cmd, it cannot be found in C:\Windows\System32 or something. What the [bleep] is wrong, previously i couldn't open my control panel due to explorer.exe not found. Could it be due to me being infected with virus recently? I have ESET NOD32 Antivirus scan and i just ran it. Nothing's out of order. Help anyone?

Advertisements

Kaydi

Kaydi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Just a quick note to let you know about the advice that helped me remedy the dropped wireless connections on my Sony laptop.

Try this page in the forum, look at posts #98 and 99.

http://www.geekstogo...90#entry1519846

Best regards,
Kaydi

Edited by Kaydi, 24 April 2009 - 01:44 PM.