Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Red Circle w/ X in cntr but can't get to geekstogo on comp

• Please log in to reply

fzw

fzw

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Multiple problems. I read the "start here" section to cut out a few steps before asking for help; the problem is that I can't even get to geeks to go on the infected computer. I can do somethings with Internet explorer, but pulling up any virus scans (mcafee,norton,etc) says page cannot be displayed. Its my daughters comp and she didn't say anything until it was at a catastrophic level! Can you please tell me where start?

The red circle with the x says, "Warning! Secutity report. Your computer is infected! It is recommended to start spyware cleaner tool." It appears constantly.

Internet explorer take me to a hijacked search engine that will allow some sites but not all. I think many are more bogus virus sites. I need help to get to a "real" site that will help me get rid of everything. I obviously have multiple problems! I can't pull up your website to click on any links. Just tell me where to start.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Teri

Edited by fzw, 20 April 2009 - 09:49 AM.

Advertisements