Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE6 Error

• Please log in to reply

Bytemarks

Bytemarks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently installed Windows XP SP3 on my computer and very shortly afterwards, IE6 started running without add-ons. However, on checking the add-ons in IE6, they are all showing as active. I have tried using the 'reset' option in IE6 but it has had no effect. I have another computer (a laptop) also running Windows XP which I have not yet installed SP3 on and this does not have any problems at all. Can anyone suggest what may be the problem and, hopefully, what could be a solution? Thanks. :)

Advertisements

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Are you facing problem with another web browser like Mozilla Firefox?
However you can update your Internet Explorer version 6 to version 7.

Bytemarks

Bytemarks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry - I am already running IE7. My Firefox browser is running in safe mode but I have no idea why. This has only happened very recently and the IE7 problem has been present for a couple of months.