Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Login 0X0000007B (0XF78D663C, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X0000

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is suggestion from Loophole the staff member who looked over this thread for me. After each line click enter. let me know if this works. the only side affect is you may have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up windows explorer but I will research and see if we can get around that. This hopefully will get you back into windows.

From RC log into the windows version (1)

copy C:\windows\explorer.exe C:\
ren C:\explorer.exe userinit.exe
del C:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
copy C:\userinit.exe C:\windows\system32

Advertisements

hidy

hidy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Sorry for this late reply. I just got back from work. I tried the below steps as recommended and the steps went through fine but I am still not able to log into windows. The system logs me off as always.
I was able to see the 'userinit.exe' file in c:\windows\system32 after the final step. At each step i validated the files.

copy C:\windows\explorer.exe C:\
ren C:\explorer.exe userinit.exe
del C:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
copy C:\userinit.exe C:\windows\system32

Any other recommendations to login to windows?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well we have exhausted all attempts to fix this. I have to admit that it has to be a software issue at this point. With that being said I'm going to address questions you asked in your first post.

So, my questions are:
1) Firstly, is there a device to back-up the data in the harddrive (I can remove the hard drive from the pc)
to my laptop or any other external hard drive.

To do this GTg uses several programs to make a bootable disk that should allow you to burn the data you need to backup. The one I suggest is called Puppy Linus. Below you will find the instructions for it.

Get puppy-2.16-seamonkey-fulldrivers.iso download it from HERE and burn it to cd
if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files get burncdcc from the link in my signature below..a small FAST no frills iso burning program...

NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start BurnCDCC
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....in this case its puppy-2.16-seamonkey-fulldrivers.iso
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start

make sure in the bios the cd drive is the first boot device....

put the cd in the cd drive..boot your computer....puppy will boot and run totally in ram...if your hardware is in good working order you will know...
after you get it running and your at the desktop...you take the puppy linux cd out and then you can use the burner to copy all yor data to cd/dvds
you can also use it to backup your data to a external usb harddrive..just have it hooked to the computer when you boot up with puppy...

2) Secondly, how can i get through the 0X0000007B (0XF78D663C, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000) issue, so that I can try to recover
3) How do i format the drive (after the backup is done) or clean up the malware/spyware'.

These two are answered by formatting the system and reinstalling your OS system. To do this you will need your genuine Microsoft Win Xp cd and your Registration number. When you have done the backup and are ready just let me know and we can proceed.

hidy

hidy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I will try as recommeded.

I have a question about "make sure in the bios the cd drive is the first boot device...."?
How do i confirm this? When the system boots up will i get the above information if i press F2? If not which function key?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
F2 or Del key when the system first starts up. The first "POST" screen when you see the memory count up. this is where you tap either F2 or del key. When you enter bios you will have to look for the boot options area. Scroll to the one that says First Boot Device, highlight it and then you will have to look at the bottom of the screen to see how to change the field. Usually page up or down or + and -

Once that is set then click on F10 for save and exit. You will prompted to verify save and exit. Click y and then enter. the system will reboot. From there follow the instructions
Let me know how it goes or if you have any question, I'll be around and will answer back asap

hidy

hidy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thankx for standing by.

1) I completed the download puppy-2.16-seamonkey-fulldrivers.iso
2) I completed the download of burncdcc
3) Followed your instructions to burn "puppy-2.16-seamonkey-fulldrivers.iso" to CD without any issues
All the above 3 steps were done in my laptop.

4) Checked the BIOS menu (in my HP desktop PC the option was set to <ESC=BootMenu> 'ESC' button
5) Anyways I made the selected and hit the enter key based on the options given
6) At the same time I loaded the CD into the CD Drive
7) The system recognized it and it displayed the following (It displayed lot more but i am just giving a snapshot of the last few items):
boot:
Loading vmlinuz......................
Loading initrd.gz..................
Ready.
Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.

The blinking cursor was in the next line for almost 20 minutes. Is it still trying to uncompress or is there an issue now?
Normally how much time does it take at this step?

hidy

hidy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Just to give more information, I am posting all the information for Step 7 from previous post

Or, if you need particular boot options, type puppy then a space, then each boot option. Some boot option:

acpi = off Default on for PCs >2001, may give boot/shutdown probs.
ide =nodma Booting from some CF cards needs this.
pfix=ram Run Puppy totally in RAM ignore saved sessions,
pfix=<n> number of saved sessions to ignore (multisession-CD),
pfix=nox commandline only, do not start X,
pfix =usbcard boot from PCMCIA USB drive,
pfix=clean file cleanup (simulate version upgrade),
pfix =purge more radile file cleanup(to fix broken system),
pfix=rdsh,debug options for developers only (ramdisk shell, verbose debug).

Examples:
puppy acpi=off pfix=2 Blacklist last 2 saved sessions, multi-CD/DVD.
puppy vga=785 pfix=ram Run in RAM (ignore any prior saved session).
puppy pfix=nox,usbcard Boot from PCMCIA-USB drive, do not start X.

boot:
Loading vmlinuz......................
Loading initrd.gz..................
Ready.
Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
-
This is where the blinking cursor stopped.

hidy

hidy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Any thoughts/suggestions to fix this issue so that i can do the backup?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have asked Happyrock a Tech Staff to please take a look and advise us what this means. He uses Puppy alot in his support and should know what this means.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
just let puppy run...it may appear to hang but give it a little while...
no joy...
try the puppy cd in another computer...if it loads on that machine we know the puppy install cd is good and it's probably your RAM causing the problem...
puppy loads itself in your ram and it runs from the ram...nothing is installed to your computer

Advertisements

hidy

hidy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thankx for the response. I tried the Puppy CD in a different machine and it went through fine. So looks like there is a problem with the RAM on my desktop as i let it run the whole night and it stayed at the same place as before.
So, should I replace the RAM for my desktop PC? Is there anything that i should be aware of before doing this?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please download CPUz from my signature below

1: Save it to your desktop.
2: Click on the icon it creates and let it run
3: I need two bits of information from it. First click on the Mainboard tab at the top of the window and give me Manufacturer and Model number it shows
4: Second click on the Memory tab and give me the Type and Size of memory it shows.
5: Click on the SPD tab and give me the Max Bandwidth settings.

I can then find the correct ram for your mb

Edited by rshaffer61, 23 April 2009 - 10:02 PM.

hidy

hidy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Since I am not able to login to my HP desktop how would i perform the steps that you have outlined?
I can complete the Step 1 by downloading it on my laptop and saving that an USB flash drive.
Now I am not sure how I would be able to execute the other steps. Is there a way to do it through the recovery console DOS like prompt.?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Thankx for the response. I tried the Puppy CD in a different machine and it went through fine. So looks like there is a problem with the RAM on my desktop as i let it run the whole night and it stayed at the same place as before.
So, should I replace the RAM for my desktop PC? Is there anything that i should be aware of before doing this?

OK since the cd works in another computer we know its a good cd...that only leaves us with 3 components that puppy has to have to work...the cd drive and cd drive cable and the ram...
go here and use the Crucial Memory Advisor™ tool
A quick, 3-step process to find guaranteed-compatible memory for computers and motherboards....plug in your system info and get a list of the ram that will work with your system...you DO NOT HAVE TO BUY IT THERE...we just need to know exactly what kind of ram to get...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you Happyrock. That would have been a better approach.