Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

invalid image


  • Please log in to reply

#1
Ballard

Ballard

    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
one day 60 % of my picture folders refused to open. When i click on the folder 'invalid image' comes up. The other 40% generate the usual thumbnails and open when i click on them. I have downloaded 'Picassa' as the system for managing my pictures but this cannot find the association needed to open them.
Any ideas on a way forward please. Virus =scan has not revealed any infection.I have attached one of the files i cannot open.
  • 0

Advertisements


#2
Broni

Broni

    Kraków my love :)

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
A folder containing images doesn't open, or images themselves don't open.

BTW...nothing is attached.
  • 0

#3
Ballard

Ballard

    New Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Broni
I have attempted to attach one example of the images which do not open but the smallest jpeg file is 880kb and the limit on attachments is 500kb!!!!.
Based on my description any ideas on what is causing the problem the folder opens but each individual jpeg file won't..
Cheers
Simon
  • 0

#4
Broni

Broni

    Kraków my love :)

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Upload couple of "bad" images here: http://www.filedropper.com/
Post download link.
  • 0

#5
Ballard

Ballard

    New Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Broni
Hi-placed a file on filedropper-'dcsn1012'
Is that correct-can you access it?
Simon
  • 0

#6
Broni

Broni

    Kraków my love :)

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I need some clickable link.
  • 0

#7
Ballard

Ballard

    New Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
www.filedropper.com/dscn1012_2
Broni-sorry as not used filedropper-will this give you access required
Simon
  • 0

#8
Broni

Broni

    Kraków my love :)

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Hmmm...it didn't work either :)
  • 0






Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP