Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Certification Confusion

• Please log in to reply

DaveC2003

DaveC2003

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi Guys,

Bit confused at the mo :)

I am just about to start my MCSA studies and decided to pick "70-620 Windows Vista Configuration MCTS" as an elective exam. I have already got the MCDST certification and did notice that there is an upgrade using 70-621 but is unavailable as an elective exam.

My confusion is:

1) Will the 70-620 still be an equivilant upgrade for MCDST?

2) Is it worth doing this exam?

Cheers

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
I am going to answer this lonely topic, to say that certifications are different. I know a Microsoft MVP who has two near equivalent certifications, but he had to get both of them.

MCDST: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

vs.

Windows Vista Configuration MCTS (Two separate links)

Just read those three links. I think they should back up what I said. The certifications are different. I feel that contacting a support technician about this type of question would be needed if you are rather concerned!

FadeToBright

FadeToBright

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
70-621 is the upgrade for MCDST to MCITP:Enterprise Support Technician, 70-621 will also count towards your MCSA & MCITP:Enterprise Administrator certifications.