Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't access internet after Spyware Protect 2009 infection

• Please log in to reply

montara

montara

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
My laptop was infected with Spyware Protect 2009 and I was unable to access the internet thereafter but could ftp from the dos command prompt. I tried to remove Spyware Protect 2009 with a symantec removal tool and it may have removed some but then I could no longer ftp, which is how I was downloading the tools.

I then found this site and followed step 1 and 2 by running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and AVG. It appears successful but I still can't access the internet, so step 3 isn't working for me. I even tried reinstalling firefox to see if that would help and still no internet access.

I'm about to go to step 4 and 5 (running rooter.exe and then OTListIt2) but thought I should post this in case you tell me to enter a post in another forum.

Any helps is much appreciated!

Advertisements