Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error when closing Outlook

• Please log in to reply

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Hi guys.

Small problem with outlook 2003.

Whenever I close the program, it seems to shut down normally, but after a second or two, I get the stabdard Micrsoft message saying Outlook didn't shut down properly , do you want to send an error report etc.

I've sent it a couple of times not that much good will come of it, but i'd like to know what's causing this and try to prevent it happening in the future.

There is only 1 e-mail profile setup on Outlook (my own), I haven't changed ISP or anything like that - could it simply be a question of reinstalling the software (I do have my original discs)

Many thanks, you wonderful Geeks!!!!

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
How about disabling any Add-ins to see if that makes any difference?

Tools > Options > Other tab
Advanced Options button
Add-In Manager button
Untick entries > OK > OK etc.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
That worked then!!!

All I disabled was "Exchange Extensions property pages" and now it not only closes down without error, also seems a LOT more responsive..

Cheers dude!!!

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
No probs. Glad it was an easy one!