Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

double MSN messenger

• Please log in to reply

funkymonkey02

funkymonkey02

• Pip
  • 4 posts
when i got a message to update my MSN messenger i did, but then i noticed that there are two versions now on my computer. i tried to delete the older one and it won't delete saying someone else is using it (and every program is off). i go to startup function on my computer and remove that version and it always comes back. the way i can tell the other one is still on because when i sign on with the new version i get a pop up message from the old one saying "you have signed on else where"

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
go into task manager and take it off the process list. Then try uninstalling one more time...

funkymonkey02

funkymonkey02

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i've tried that already, it didn't work

coolsteel

coolsteel

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Have you tried in control panel and in add and remove programs remove both versions of MSN and then download the latest version again.

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
go into safe mode first then go to add/remove programs and delete the 2 MSN messangers. that should work