Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton and IE not responding, Symantec windows everywhere

• Please log in to reply

Vesper

Vesper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So a couple of days ago I was downloading Mozilla Firefox, and couldn't get it to work. I checked out some sites and they told to me look around my Norton Security Centre (2006). I realized then that I couldn't get the thing to open. Okay. So I downloaded a free version of the 2009 Norton, but didn't install it or anything. I deleted it after, and also Mozilla. Smewhere amidst all this downloading and uninstalling and deleting, all these mini MSN popup message sized windows started apearing very fast, one after the other. They said Symantec, loading one message, 0% completed, or something like that. All of them. They filled up the entire screen. So I was like What the... and deleted the lot of them from the task manager.

And the windows kept appearing every time I start the computer. Oh, and I have trouble closing the computer too, but that's old news. The thing is, now when I try close it with task manager (it's what I usually do), it doesn't react. (Normally, it "blinks" a couple of times, then shuts down really slowly. And, when I try to force it to close by pressing on the button, it goes into standby.

And now, today, Internet Explorer just point blank refuses to work. Page cannot be displayed. A bunch of strange messages from Symantec show up when I turn the computer on (126 in total), and now the new WIndows Live email thing can't send or receive messages anymore. I'm typing this on a Netscape browser.

That's basically it. What's wrong with my computer?!?!?! I can't even run a virus scan with Norton... Please help. I'm not a computer nerd or anything like that, so please speak in understandable English.

Edited by Vesper, 20 April 2009 - 03:28 PM.

Advertisements